Maggio Law Firm, PC

A locally rooted law firm with more than 22 years of courtroom experience.

Local 228-206-6637

Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

July 2017 Archives

What are the steps for foster care adoption in Mississippi?

There are many children who are currently in foster care in Mississippi and in need of a permanent home where they can grow and thrive. There are many people in Mississippi who wish to give these children a home. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of how foster care adoption works.

The right approach to child custody issues

Among all of the highly contentious topics in divorce law and separation law, child custody is easily one of the most contentious. Child custody goes to the heart of the issues of who the child will grow up with, where the child will grow up and what kind of upbringing the child will have. Parents in Gulfport obviously have strong feelings regarding these issues. Children very often have strong feelings regarding these issues as well.

What needs to happen in a military divorce in Mississippi?

Both federal and state laws govern military divorce. This raises the question of where a military divorce should happen. This is because different states have different divorce laws. Service members in Mississippi and their spouses should be aware that Mississippi may be the state where their divorce case could be filed, but, depending on the circumstances, the case could also be filed in another state under military family law.

How can a divorce decree be modified?

At the conclusion of a couple's divorce process in Gulfport, the judge will grant a divorce decree. This decree includes terms governing property division, alimony, child support and child custody. The decree will either be one agreed to by the divorcing parties or one imposed by the judge if the two parties cannot agree. Under normal circumstances, the decree will be binding on both parties moving forward.